Saints in the Shadows
NEW FRONTIER ENTERPRISES SHUTTLE ASSISTANT
The shuttle assistant is a drone which is only capable of operating in space, relying upon a series of thrusters placed around its cylinder-like body, with one large thruster in the back. The shuttle assistant is used all over the solar system for basic repairs, equipped with a series of manipulator arms, along with tools and spare parts. This little drone does have a dark side however, as thanks to its ubiquity and ability to operate in vacuum, space pirates make heavy use of the shuttle assistant. A pirate scout will often linger in large space stations and colonies, looking for ships loaded down with cargo, before sending out the shuttle assistant to place a tracker, bomb, or some other kind of sabotaging device on the ship’s hull. Ironically, another shuttle assistant is typically the best option for removing these devices.
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d4(A), Spirit d6, Strength d8, Vigor d6
Pace: —; Parry: 2; Toughness: 5
Skills: Lockpicking d6 Notice d6, Repair d8
• Flight: Pace 6”, Climb 1.
• Limited Operation: The shuttle assistant can only operate in vacuum or low gravity environments like the moon.
• Optics: Built-in optics provide telescopic, low light, and thermal vision, granting +2 to sight-based Notice rolls and ignoring lighting penalties
• Shielding: +8 to Armor or opposed rolls to resist cold radiation, and electricity.
• Tool Kit: The shuttle assistant has a complete set of built-in tools that allows to accomplish most repair tasks.
Return to Drones.